Are you passionate about the law and have a geeky or quirky side? Join our team
Remote Private LPC Tutor – Wills & Administration of Estates Module, Brigitte’s LPC
About Brigitte’s LPC
Brigitte’s LPC is a leading online learning and revision platform dedicated to helping students succeed in their Legal Practice Course (LPC). Our platform, created by the same trusted author who founded Brigitte’s Notes, provides comprehensive resources and private tuition services to support students in their LPC studies.
Job Type: Contract, Flexible
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Remote Private Tutor to teach the Wills & Administration of Estates module of the LPC course. This is an excellent opportunity for a legal professional looking to make a difference in the lives of LPC students by providing personalised instruction tailored to their needs.
As a Remote Private Tutor for the Wills & Administration of Estates module, you will be responsible for teaching a wide range of topics within the module. These areas include:
- Introduction to wills, intestacy, and the legal framework for estate administration.
- Capacity, formalities, and validity of wills.
- Revocation, alteration, and interpretation of wills.
- Appointment of executors and trustees, and their powers and duties.
- Grants of representation, including probate and letters of administration.
- Administration of estates, including collection and distribution of assets.
- Inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and income tax implications in estate administration.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide private, one-on-one tutoring sessions to students in the Wills & Administration of Estates module of the LPC course.
- Develop and implement customised lesson plans based on individual student needs and learning objectives.
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback to help students achieve their goals.
- Maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions and student progress.
- Collaborate with the Brigitte’s LPC team to ensure a consistent and high-quality learning experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completed the LPC and possess a strong understanding of the Wills & Administration of Estates module.
- Prior experience in tutoring, teaching, or mentoring in a legal education setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- Proficient in using online collaboration tools and video conferencing software.
- Flexible work schedule allowing you to balance other commitments.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the learning experiences of fellow LPC students.
- Collaborate with a supportive and dedicated team in the legal education field.
To apply, please click here and send your CV along with a brief cover letter detailing your interest in the position and any relevant experience.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to our team at Brigitte’s LPC!